How many years in HR/as a member of ASHRM: Worked in HR for 18 years and 8 years in ASHRM
Marital Status: Married to Hodgie Hebert
Children: 1 Daughter – Genee’
Pets: 1 Chihuahua – Bella & 1 Cat - Jazzy
1. Where do you like to go to have fun? The Beach…….any beach…..even in the winter.
2. What were you doing the last time you really had a good laugh? When my girlfriends and I get together, this always guarantees a “laughing so hard until you cry” night.
3. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be? Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Of course staying in one of the over water villa’s with see through Plexiglas floors. It’s at the top of my bucket list.
4. What is your all-time favorite comedy movie? The Birdcage and The Hangover.
5. What is your happiest childhood memory? First trip to Disneyworld with my parents and my sister Linda. I was about 13 and all I wanted to do was sit in front and drive the monorail around the park……forget the rest of the Magic Kingdom!!!
6. What song always makes you happy when you hear it? Moving the furniture in the living room and dancing with my 23 year old daughter to “The Wop” & “The Wobble” always makes me happy.
7. What was your favorite sitcom growing up? The Beverly Hillbillies
8. What favorite food puts you in a great mood? LARGE boiled crawfish with all of my closest friends and family.
9. Who’s the funniest person you know? My daughter Genee’ who inherited her sense of humor from my husband. She always keeps me in stitches.
10. What was the best vacation you ever had? A cruise to Cancun/ Cozumel with 80 other people that my husband worked with…..was the best. That was insanely crazy fun.
11. What is one thing that people may be surprised to know about you? That I was the Delcambre Shrimp Queen and I bake multi-tiered fondant cakes and make the best pralines in South Louisiana. It was my mother’s recipe and technique that was passed on to me.
12. What is the motto you live by? Hug harder, laugh louder, smile bigger and love longer.
13. What do you enjoy most about being a member of ASHRM? Networking and always learning how to improve and implement new ideas and strategies in all HR functions.
14. What is your favorite thing about working in Human Resources? I guess the “Cajun in me” wants to take care of everyone and “fix” all of my employees needs while enhancing and contributing to company growth.
15. What area(s) of HR would you say is (are) your strongest? (Recruiting, Staffing, Benefits, Regulatory and Legal, Compensation, Training & Development, Employee Relations, Performance Management, others)
Recruiting, Staffing, Employee Relations and Benefits.