How many years in HR/as a member of ASHRM: I started working for the State of Louisiana in Human Resources in 2000. I was a member of State Human Resources Management group for 10 years and then I became a member of ASHRM in 2012.
Marital Status: Next month, my wonderful husband Jerry and I will be celebrating our 39th wedding anniversary
Children : I have given birth to 3 terrific children and I have been blessed with 3 grandchildren– Elisha mother to Ethan(9) and Elyse (deceased), Tanya (she has a miniature schnauzer – Bentley), and Jeramy father to Blayne(3)
Pets: We have a German shepherd puppy on January23, 2013. We named him Bear.
1. Where do you like to go to have fun?
Anyplace where I can tag the family along. We like to have fun anywhere we go. Our outings can be as simple as a bar-b-que at our property along the bayou or taking a vacation together.
2. What were you doing the last time you really had a good laugh?
Sitting under our patio surrounded by family and friends.
3. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I have always wanted to see the Taj Mahal. I have been fascinated with the history of the building since I was a little girl and I got my first View Master as a gift.
4. What is your all-time favorite comedy movie?
I have always liked Forrest Gump.
5. What is your happiest childhood memory?
Sunday afternoons at my grandmother’s home. My parents are both from large families and it was always a treat to hang out with my cousins.
6. What song always makes you happy when you hear it?
Anything that has a beat that I can dance to. I love music and I love to dance.
7. What was your favorite sitcom growing up?
The Flying Nun
8. What favorite food puts you in a great mood?
Chocolate has always been a vice with me, but I love food in general. I am a true Cajun when it comes to eating.
9. Who’s the funniest person you know?
Actually my husband. He is a true kid at heart and is always finding the funny side of any situation.
10. What was the best vacation you ever had?
My husband and I took a trip to Hot Springs, AR for 2 days and then we went up to Branson, MO for 5 days. It wasn’t anything we planned, we just packed a bag and enjoyed.
11. What is one thing that people may be surprised to know about you?
Deep down I am really insecure. I always wonder whether or not I measure up.
12. What is the motto you live by?
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you!
13. What do you enjoy most about being a member of ASHRM?
Networking and the topics presented at our monthly meetings. They are always very informative and are a great help in my daily activities.
14. What is your favorite thing about working in Human Resources?
I have always enjoyed being able to provide a service for the employee. I feel as though I am their advocate. They are always so thankful for even the smallest amount of effort or kindness that I give to them.
15. What area(s) of HR would you say is (are) your strongest? (Recruiting, Staffing, Benefits, Regulatory and Legal, Compensation, Training & Development, Employee Relations, Performance Management, others)