How many years in HR/as a member of ASHRM: I have worked in HR for 3 years and I’ve been a member of ASHRM for 2 years.
Marital Status: I have been married to my wonderful husband, David, for 5 years.
Children: We have a house full of girls; step-daughter Kaitlyn (14), Madeline (4), Lucille (3), and Annette (3 months).
Pets: A Staffordshire bull terrier named Minnie. (Also a girl!)
1. Where do you like to go to have fun?
My sisters live in Dallas and Birmingham. Anytime we can all get together, we’re going to have a great time!
2. What were you doing the last time you really had a good laugh?
Texting my sisters about an old inside joke.
3. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
My husband is from Alaska so I’d like to go there and experience the beauty of that state.
But I’d also really like to go sit on the beach in St. Lucia someday.
4. What is your all-time favorite comedy movie?
Office Space and Bridesmaids.
5. What is your happiest childhood memory?
Family vacations. We’d pack up in a van and drive to North Dakota where our extended family lives and we’d always stop and sight-see along the way. We got to visit Mt. Rushmore, the Black Hills, Badlands, the St. Louis gateway arch, and so much more.
6. What song always makes you happy when you hear it?
Any song by Jack Johnson.
7. What was your favorite sitcom growing up?
Full House and The Cosby Show.
8. What favorite food puts you in a great mood?
I love, love, love boiled crawfish. And I also love coming home to a roast, potatoes and carrots cooking in my crock pot. I love nachos. Sushi. And I like the French fries at Wing Stop – they are seasoned with this salt, pepper and sugar combination and they are amazing!
9. Who’s the funniest person you know?
My husband. We have the same sense of humor and we have a lot of laughter in our house.
10. What was the best vacation you ever had?
I went to Las Vegas for the first time last spring with my husband. We got to dine at fabulous restaurants, we saw Rod Stewart in concert and KA’, and we went to see Hoover Dam.
11. What is one thing that people may be surprised to know about you?
I really enjoy food and I think people would be surprised by how much I can eat.
12. What is the motto you live by?
Treat others as you want to be treated.
13. What do you enjoy most about being a member of ASHRM?
The food!! Just kidding.
I love networking. It is so important to develop relationships with other HR professionals. I also enjoy the speakers at the luncheons and find the information they share to be very beneficial.
14. What is your favorite thing about working in Human Resources?
It’s never boring! There is always someone to talk to, something to do, something to work on, and something to learn.
15. What area(s) of HR would you say is(are) your strongest? (Recruiting, Staffing, Benefits, Regulatory and Legal, Compensation, Training & Development, Employee Relations, Performance Management, others)